|Present||Assistant Director, Basque Studies Center, Boise State University|
|Present||Associate Professor, Boise State University ‐ Department of History|
Honors and Awards
- 2015 - Idaho Author Award for "Showdown in the Big Quiet"
- 2005-2015: Basque Government Grants ($645,000) for Basque Studies Center at Boise State University
- 2007: Outstanding Advising Award, Social Sciences/Secondary Education, Boise State University
- Survey of American History
- Methods of Teaching History
- Social Studies Methods
- Basque Migration
- Basque Origin and Traditions
- Modern Basque History
- Introduction to Basque Culture
- Basque Tree Carvings in Idaho
- US Immigration History
- World History
Branding Basques, Bilbao, and Boise: Marketing as Metaphor for History
Proceedings of the 16th Biennial Conference on Historical Analysis and Research in Marketing (CHARM) (2013)
Purpose – Naturally occurring brands combine history, anthropology, sociology and marketing to explain the phenomenon of communities defined by a ...
Contributions to Books (3)
Dilution vs. Dancing: Scots-Irish and Basques in the American West
The Nineteenth Biennial Ulster-American Heritage Symposium, The Mellon Centre for Migration Studies, Ulster-American Folk Park (2012)
Senator Jim Webb’s book, Born Fighting, and the associated Smithsonian series, filmed in Scotland, Northern Ireland, and America, explains that ...